The HP-BR is an excellent gravity feed airbrush. They’re great for beginners who don’t want to spend a fortune but still want something made to last.
They’re generally easy to work with and replacement parts won’t cost you an arm and a leg.
Features and Review
- Great Iwata quality with low price
- Great for beginners – Though the HP-BR isn’t as forgiving about paint consistency as the HP-CR or Eclipse airbrushes it’ll still get the job done.
- The smaller cup is nice for people with large, meaty, sausage-like fingers. Your finger can run into the back of larger cups.
- The HP-BR is perfect for makeup artists and hobbyists as well as Auto graphics.
- Ergonomic Handle
- Teflon Needle Packing
|Suggested Retail Price:
|Paint feed System:
||~ .2 mm
to ~0.75 inches
||1/16 oz (1.8 ml)
|| ~ 0.2 cfm
||< 100 psi
|Standard Tip Size:
|Optional Tip Size:
Link – HP-BCR Manual, parts and troubleshooting guide
- External Micro Air Control Valve
- Pistol Grip Moisture Filter
- Quick Disconnect
- Table Top Cleaning Station
- Tip Dry
- Weak Nozzle
- Bent needles – you can try repairing the needle yourself.
- Can’t change tip sizes
Like the HP-AR the .3mm tip setup is the only one that will work on the HP-BR. That’s because of a silly ring the factory put in just behind the color cup. It looks like it’s only purpose is to prevent the .5mm needle from passing through.
Cleaning Guide Links