The HP-BC Plus is a great workhorse airbrush. It really does everything well.
Features and Review
- Perfect for experienced users who want a siphon feed airbrush. It’s a step up from the Eclipse BCS. You should be able to get finer details out of the HP-BC Plus.
- Very quick standard cleaning – Here’s the link to the standard color change rinse for siphon feed airbrushes.
- You can spray any amount of paint you want – Well, let me rephrase that, you can spray any amount of paint you want as long as it’s more than roughly 2 mL. Otherwise it’s like sucking the last bit of soda out of the cup, it doesn’t quite work. Otherwise though, you can spray 2, 3, or even 4 ounces of paint by simply attaching a bigger bottle.
- Cut-away, pre-set handle
- Teflon Needle Packing Set
- Glass Bottle – The plastic bottles are okay. They’re cheap. They get the job done. But then there’s working with glass. Glass won’t melt in solvents. Seriously, you have to use Hydrofluoric acid to even etch glass–and HF is some really, really nasty stuff. You can also use your dishwasher to clean them.
- Attachments – Bottles, bottles, and cups. You can fit out the HP-BC Plus with as many bottles as you’d like. In fact, more is generally better (except when it comes to cleaning day). There’s even an open air cup that attaches as if it were a bottle. Don’t let anyone tell you that cup makes the BC+ a gravity feed airbrush, but it does let you do custom paint mixing right in the cup.
- Pressurized Paint Feed Systems – You have the option to use a pressurized paint feed system with any siphon feed airbrush. However, I’d strongly recommend against it. They have a habit of “popping” off the airbrush and spewing paint everywhere when you least want it to.
- It’s not very economical with paint.
Who is This For
- Workhorse Airbrush – The HP-BC Plus is a great workhorse airbrush. It really does everything well. It’s predecessor’s design, the HP-BC1, helped launch the Eclipse BCS into one of the more popular airbrushes Iwata has to offer.
- Intermediate Airbrush – Everybody looks for beginner and professional airbrushes. The HP-BC Plus is a perfect intermediate/professional airbrush. I see it as a step up from the Eclipse BCS in terms of detail and equipment quality, but it will never be the ultimate detail airbrush simply because it’s not a gravity feed airbrush.
- Perfect for people who use lots of different stock colors. Purchase different bottles, then use one color per bottle plus an extra bottle for your cleaning solution
|Suggested Retail Price:
|Paint feed System:
||~0.15 mm to
||varies depending on bottle
||< 100 psi
|Standard Tip Size:
|Optional Tip Size:
Link – HP-BC Plus Manual, parts and troubleshooting guide
- Pistol Grip Moisture Filter
- Table Top Cleaning Station
- Crown Cap
- External Micro Air Control Valve
- Tip Dry
- Bent Needles
- Breaking the Nozzle Threads Off Inside the Airbrush
Cleaning Guide Links
These Cleaning Guides links are specifically the ones you need to clean this particular airbrush.