If you look at the HP-C Plus as an updated HP-C then it’s basically a great workhorse airbrush. It’ll do most things really well and even let you spray most of your details without having to switch airbrushes.
It is also a great beginner airbrush.
Features and Review
- Great Beginner’s Airbrush – Next to the Eclipse CS the HP-C Plus is one of the best airbrushes to learn on. It’s forgiving of paint consistency mistakes but still forces you to learn about paint consistency. Most artists will never need to move beyond it. They don’t need the extra detail a Custom Micron provides.
- The big cup : Excellent for loading up and spraying away. However, it’s still a gravity feed airbrush. That means it can function on a single drop of paint. The big cup is perfect for people who know they’ll need to cover some ground, but still want to know they only have to load it up with a drop of paint to make it work.
- Lid for the Cup
- Cut-away, pre-set handle
- Funnel Cup – This is actually an update over the older HP-C airbrushes. They had a paint trough underneath the cup. That trough was seriously annoying to clean out, though on the upside if the cup weld ever broke you had a large HP-A to spray with.
- Teflon Needle Packing Set – This has an upside and a down side. On the upside Teflon doesn’t melt in solvents. Basically the o-ring lasts and lasts even when you spray automotive urethanes. On the downside though, Teflon doesn’t compress very well. This means that you don’t have a lot of control over how much “grip” the airbrush exerts on the needle as it passes through this o-ring. Most people don’t notice or care, but you can switch over to the older “solvent-resistant” o-rings if you’d like.
- Workhorse Airbrush
Iwata - Hp-C Plus Paint Brush (4004)
- Leading Manufacturer Of High-Quality Products
- International Renown For Our Diverse Range Of Award-Winning Products
- Fully Equipped With State-Of-The-Art Technology
|Suggested Retail Price:
|Paint feed System:
||~0.15 mm to
||< 100 psi
|Standard Tip Size:
|Optional Tip Size:
Link – HP-C Plus Manual, parts and troubleshooting guide
- Pistol Grip Moisture Filter
- Table Top Cleaning Station
- Crown Cap
- External Micro Air Control Valve
- No Place to Set it Down
- Tip Dry
- Bent Needles
- Breaking the Nozzle Threads Off Inside the Airbrush
Cleaning Guide Links